For a fun Fall day for the whole family in Alexandria, MN, visit Country Blossom Farm– an Alexandria Apple Orchard with a little something for everyone. The motto at Country Blossom Farm is, ‘where sweet memories bloom’; this is the place for making memories! From the tasty treats to the autumnal activities, Country Blossom Farm is worthy of a day trip for area locals or an overnight excursion for guests from out of town.
During apple season, pick your own apples in the crisp Fall air while the kids conquer the corn pit or bounce in the animal-themed bounce house. With over ten varieties of apples to choose from, you have your pick of the crop for baking, saucing, and snacking, including Frostbite, Kinderkrisp, Honeycrisp, Haralson, and more. Make sure to make a pit-stop at the Farm’s own bakery for some delicious goodies to take home with you, including homemade donuts and hand pies.
Country Blossom Farm is proud to be a fun destination for young and old. Complete with an apple orchard, pumpkin patch, corn maze, and gift shop, this is a great place to visit during a staycation or a weekend excursion with the family. Enjoy a snack from their farm-to-table bakery offering the most delicious pies, crisps, donuts, cookies, and treats around.
Since 2009, the Heald family has welcomed visitors to the farm and orchard, extending over 100 acres outside Alexandria. They bring the freshest locally grown produce to the area in a fun and interactive way that is enjoyed by all ages of visitors. They strive to be a sustainable source of locally grown food for the greater Alexandria Lakes Area.
For Even More Fun, Check Out The 21 Best Apple Orchards In Minnesota!
Perhaps the most popular feature of this Alexandria apple orchard is the apples- and Country Blossom Farm is proud to offer the highest quality and best-tasting produce around. In season, they offer a wide variety of apples, as well as strawberries, raspberries, jams, jellies, dehydrated apples, pumpkins, squash, and gourds.
Want to pick your own? At Country Blossom Farm, you can! Check these availability and ‘U-pick’ schedules here:
- U-pick is available on most apple varieties as soon as they are ready, generally early September to late October. Early harvests include Sweetango and Zestar apples, while Honeycrisp and Fireside are the last apples of the season.
- Pick your own pumpkins from the Farm’s Pumpkin Patch from early September through October.
- Enjoy picking your own raspberries from mid-August through October.
- Aronia berries are available for you to pick from mid-August to September. These make excellent jellies and jams!
- Pick your own strawberries at Country Blossom Farm in June and July and try the Farm’s Honeyberries this time of year, too! These are a uniquely flavored berry that you must taste!
So, what is so fun about this Alexandria apple orchard? The answer may take a while- there are so many fun and family-friendly amenities, activities, and attractions! You really must visit Country Blossom Farm to fully appreciate all that it has to offer.
Some of the fun waiting for you include these:
- Tall Tire Mountain
- Bouncy Area and Jumping Pillow
- Swings and Slides
- Corn Maze
- Pedal Cart Track
- Kid’s Farmers Market
- Corn Pit
- Sweetie & Daisy the Farm goats
- Bazooka Ball
- Woodland Walk
- Wagon Rides
Don’t forget to make a stop at the farm’s gift shop, too. Enjoy the unique selection of carefully curated products and items as a memento of your visit- or for a gift to share with someone else. From trendy home artifacts to handcrafted wood pieces, and sentimental souvenirs to seasonal décor, check out the shop while picking up a take-and-bake pie or crisp before you go!
The fun doesn’t stop when the apples have been picked, however. Consider making a trip to one of the many events happening at Country Blossom Farm. The Farm’s festive holiday happenings will put you in the spirit!
Some of the events to check out include:
- The Farm’s apple pie baking contest is in its fifth year- and it is going strong! Competitors vie for prizes and bragging rights over who makes the best, from-scratch apple pie. This one is a lot of fun!
- Come sip some cider on ‘Cider Sippin’ Saturdays’. Be the first to sample special ciders and unique new blends.
- Try the orchard’s corn maze after dark during the Flashlight Corn Maze events at dusk.
- Enjoy a Christmas open house at the Farm that includes sales on gifts, tasty treats, and more!
- Get all of your holiday shopping done at one stop at the orchard during the Christmas season and take-home bakery goods for your own table.
- Get great discounts on fantastic finds during the Farm’s end of the season sale. Call or visit for more information and sale dates.
Country Blossom Farm is located at:
1951 Englund Rd SW, Alexandria, MN 56308
Once you’ve spent a fall-filled day at Country Blossom Farm, please share with us your favorite activity. We’d love to hear about your day!