If your garden and its plants are important to you, you should consider investing in a drip irrigation system. Drip irrigation is the future of gardening and yard maintenance and is one of the best ways to ensure your plants are well-watered and nourished. This type of system takes water directly to the roots and is extremely effective in the long and short term.
If you’re wondering how to get your hands on the best drip irrigation system on the market, you’ve come to the right place. This article will give you numerous drip irrigation options, but it will also tell you how to install and care for your irrigation system. Let’s get dripping!
Our Top Picks
Hoss Tools 15 mil Drip Tape Irrigation Kit
MIXC Greenhouse Micro Drip Irrigation Kit
For the best drip irrigation system on the market, look no further than the 15 mil Drip Tape Irrigation Kit from Hoss Tools. This kit includes everything you need to install your drip system from start to finish, including 1,500 feet of drip tape. It’s ideal for gardens, landscaping, fruit bushes, and anything else that needs a constant water supply.
The output of this system is 0.4 gallons of water/minute for every 100′ of drip tape. It’s fairly easy to install and equally easy to monitor the flow rate if you’re not happy with the water output. This drip irrigation kit has everything you need to keep your plants happy and healthy from the stakes to the valves and fittings.
- Fairly easy to install
- Two rolls of 750′ of tape; enough for most gardens
- Includes 100′ of main tubing
- Comes with all the tools you need for installation
- You can bury the tape lines up to six inches below the ground and plant your crops above it
- Compared to other systems, it’s fairly expensive but worth the money.
Raindrip is one of the top names in the drip irrigation system world, and it only seems fitting that their Raindrip Automatic Watering Kit takes the best budget pick spot on our list. This system is ideal for flower or vegetable gardens, trees, landscaping, and whatever else you want to water.
The Automatic Watering Kit includes everything you need to start your drip irrigation system aside from the drip tape. As a bonus with this system, most of the components come pre-attached and won’t require any assembly.
The piping used to carry the bulk of the water is UV-resistant and capable of having a long and lasting existence in the sun. This is one of the easiest drip watering systems to install and one of the most effective.
- Requires minimal assembly
- Delivers slow and steady water pressure
- Automatic timer
- Very easy to install
- You can’t personalize or customize the connections as much as other kits.
The best drip irrigation system for a large garden in terms of overall quality and value is the Greenhouse Micro Drip Irrigation System from MIXC. This system comes with over 225′ of water tubing capable of covering over 160 square feet of soil. You should have no problem running tubing from one end of your garden to the other and ensuring that every tape line gets the proper water supply.
You also won’t have to work up a sweat installing this system because it requires little to no digging. You simply lay it on top of your soil, run tape lines wherever you want them to be, and let the system do the rest. This is also one of the most comprehensive systems because it includes three different sprayers and forty combined misters, nozzles, and drippers.
- You can control the drip of every nozzle individually or the system as a whole
- 200 plus feet of main water tubing
- It will use 80% less water than other irrigation systems while being more effective
- The variety of nozzles, misters, and drippers give you lots of watering options
- The kit doesn’t include the drip tape you’ll need to water individual plant rows.
What to Consider When Buying Your Best Drip Irrigation System
- Garden Size: Larger gardens may require expansive or multiple systems.
- Plant Types: Consider the water needs of different plants for system selection.
- Soil Type: Choose a system with appropriate flow rates for soil drainage.
- Flow Rate: Determines the volume of water emitted.
- Pressure Compensation: Essential for consistent water pressure throughout the system.
- Filters: Prevent clogs in drip tape or underground lines.
- Self-Flushing Feature: Automatically clears clogs, ensuring smooth operation.
- Automatic Timers: Reduces human error, with customizable on/off schedules.
- Ease of Installation: Some systems are more user-friendly for those with limited plumbing experience.
- Cost: Balance quality with your budget; systems can be expensive.
- Lifespan and Durability: Consider hose material and UV protection for longevity; frequent replacements are undesirable.
Wrapping Up the Best Drip Irrigation System
As you can see, buying the best drip irrigation system for your garden could be the game-changer you’re looking for. The amount of water your garden gets will largely determine how successful it is and how well your plants grow. By adhering to the tips and tricks on this list, you’re sure to purchase an excellent irrigation system that will last a long time.
A drip irrigation system isn’t the only way to meet your garden’s watering needs. Visit our Garden Watering page and learn more about the best practices and products for all types of garden watering.