Summer may be starting to turn into fall but at least where I live the afternoons are still warm. This pomegranate lemonade absolutely hits the spot when you need to take a little break from cleaning all those leaves that have fallen into the front yard! Keep reading to see how simple, healthy, and tasty this recipe really is!
Best Ever Fall Time Lemonade
Fall is my favorite time of year. If it could stay this way all year long, I would be one happy camper. But since I live somewhere where, well, we get all the seasons, and, well, we get them kind of intensely, that is a pipe dream. But right now I am living in lovely October bliss.
And since the weather is so perfect I spend a lot of my time outside, because where I live it hits about 67 every day, so, not too hot, not too cold — just perfect. So this is my new go-to drink, pomegranate lemonade. It is so refreshing after taking a nice long walk or cleaning all the leaves off my driveway from the giant oak tree on my front lawn. Either way it is absolutely delicious, sweet, yet tangy, and really hits the spot.
The question should really be why not pomegranates? These little gems are bursting with flavor and nutrition and are a fall-time favorite of mine! Not only are they perfect because of the amazing nutritional value they possess but they are also such a delicious little guilt-free snack to have!
Right now in my local grocery store pomegranates are all on sale so it makes it even better to save some of your hard-earned cash as well as a great healthy food item to add to my fruit basket.
My husband is the person who got me interested in fresh pomegranates. Now, I have had the “Pom Wonderful” juice before and thought, “Well, it’s a bitter juice that has a ton of added sugar, and I am sure it has some health benefits to it.” But, honestly, I was not that big of a fan. So when my husband brought a bunch of fresh pomegranates home one day, I was less than impressed.
He opened them up, popped all the arils into two bowls — one for him and one for me. I tried them and, honestly, I was hooked. I ate the entire bowl! Then after doing some research on how amazing these super fruits are for your body, it is now one of those fruits I typically pop into my grocery cart while walking around the fresh produce at the grocery store. Depending on where you live, these fruits are not always the cheapest. But when they are on sale, I make sure to scoop some up! (Especially if I am craving this delicious pomegranate lemonade.)
How To Make Fresh Pomegranate Lemonade – Step By Step
- First thing we want to do is get the blender out. I have a Ninja blender that I absolutely love and use all of the time. I love the fact that it has the smoothie cup attachments for when I make my smoothies — it is such minimal clean up. They are awesome.
- In the blender, add in 1/2 of a cup of the pomegranate arils (which is the fancy name for the the seeds and fruit part of the actual pomegranate). Add in 1 teaspoon of white sugar, the juice of one lemon, and 1 cup of water.
- Go ahead and start blending all of your ingredients together until you’re left with a frothy pink juice. This is super quick — only takes about 30 seconds.
- Strain your sweet lemon pomegranate mixture through a small screened sieve to catch the pieces of the pomegranate seeds so that they do not get mixed up in our lemonade.
- All you need to do next is add in some ice, a nice slice of lemon, and water and you have yourself a super refreshing, healthy drink.
- Now sit back and relax — you have earned it!
What Else Can You Do With This Amazingly Easy Pomegranate Lemonade?
You can make a few variations of this lemonade, if you wish! One thing I love to do is add a few fresh berries to my drink. It just makes it that much more sweet and refreshing. You can add in blueberries, strawberries, even raspberries! You can muddle them into the bottom of your glass before you pour in the pomegranate juice, then add everything on top, and give it a stir. Or you can just throw them in whole!
You could also use sparkling water instead of flat water to make this pomegranate lemonade really pop! Because what could be better than a fizzy drink on a warm fall afternoon?
And if afternoon starts rolling into the evening time you can also spike this pomegranate lemonade. I would make the lemonade as we discussed before but this time add a little vodka of your choice. But be careful, though — these drinks go down way too smooth!
So Easy So Refreshing, Pomegranate Lemonade
This recipe only takes minutes to put together and you are treating yourself to a super healthy, yet sweet and delicious lemonade that has one of the world’s most amazing super fruits: pomegranates. You will love this pomegranate lemonade — I guarantee it!
Excited to learn more about pomegranates? Then check out our pomegranate trees page for information on pomegranate planting, growing, harvesting, cooking, and more!
How about more lemon content? Next, visit our lemon trees page to discover more useful and fun information on lemon planting, growing, harvesting, cooking, and more!
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Arils
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- In a blender add 1/2 of a cup of pomegranate arils.
- The juice of one lemon.
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. (You can add in more to fit your taste, but I would start with 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 cup of water.
- Blend the above ingredients for about 30 seconds or until the mixture becomes a beautiful pink color and a little bit frothy on the top.
- Strain the mixture into a glass using a small sieve, so that it catches all of the seeds of the pomegranate.
- All you need to do next is add in ice and water and enjoy!
- If you want this is completely optional but you can add in more fresh berries or muddle them to make is a berry pomegranate lemonade!
- Another optional option would be to add in a shot of your favorite vodka, just in case, it was one of those extra-long days.