Looking for a fresh salsa that has a little kick and is a little sweet? This fresh peach salsa is the way to go. August is the perfect time of year when all of our gardens are producing an abundance of tomatoes and peppers so fresh salsas are a must, right now peaches are also in abundance so that’s when I thought to make this delicious sweet and spicy peach salsa.
Sweet With A Little Heat
Making this fresh peach salsa is super easy and it’s one of those salsas that take less than ten minutes to throw together, it also goes great with so many dishes or is great to eat with some tortilla chips!
Why this recipe is a little sweet and spicy is down to the fresh ingredients! Fresh jalapeno will add that tiny bit of kick to the salsa and the fresh juicy peaches will add a perfect sweet break to beat that heat!
What You Will Need To Make This Delicious Peach Salsa
August is one of my favorite times of year because that is when my garden likes to unleash copious amounts of tomatoes and different kinds of peppers, and for us, this means fresh from the garden salsas! It is also the time of year where my local grocery store has fresh juicy peaches on sale every time I go, so I thought why not mix the two?
If you want to make this mouth-watering salsa you will need the following…
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Fresh Jalapeños
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (one lime should do the trick)
- Yellow or Red Onion
- Peaches (I used two fresh peaches)
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
That is all you will need to make your new favorite salsa recipe! Keep reading and I will go into detail about how simple it is to make.
How To Make This Mouth-Watering Fresh Peach Salsa
- The first thing I like to do is grab a large mixing bowl that will be able to hold all of my ingredients and that will be capable of me giving everything a good mix without flying out of the bowl.
- Next, dice the tomato into a small dice and add to the bowl.
- The next thing I did was take a small paring knife and cut the skins off of my peaches then pitted and diced and added them to the same bowl with the tomatoes.
- The next thing to do is to seed the jalapenos and take the inside membrane out. Now, you could skip this step if you like super spicy, but, I prefer to take out the seeds and inners of the jalapeño to get the flavor and a little spice without it being overpowering, to do this, cut the jalapeno lengthwise then take a spoon and scrape out the insides, super easy, just make sure to wash your hands super well after doing so!
- Dice the jalapenos into a small dice and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Just like with the tomatoes and the jalapeños take the onion and do a small dice and add then to the mixing bowl.
- Next, wash up a nice bunch of fresh cilantro and give it a good chop, make sure the pieces are nice and small to get all the flavor of the fresh cilantro over all of our fruits and veggies in the salsa.
- Next, take a fresh lime and squeeze the juice over the mixing bowl, then add in salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Now that everything is in the bowl give it all a good mix and boom, fresh sweet and spicy peach salsa! Super easy super healthy and goes great with so many dishes or as a snack!
What Else To Make With This Peach Salsa?
There are endless recipes you could use this peach salsa with, or you can eat it alone with your favorite tortilla chips! If you’re making this fresh peach salsa for a party with a side of chips pair it with this amazing peach sangria, a super refreshing snack on a hot summer’s day!
Fish tacos and peach salsa are another perfect pairing. The day I made this salsa I cooked up some blackened tilapia for tacos and added this salsa right on top, it took me less than 20 minutes to make and was super filling yet super healthy! Check out this awesome blackened tilapia recipe!
This fresh peach salsa also pairs perfectly with chicken quesadillas. Use some leftover chicken, shred it up, put in a large flour tortilla, add in your favorite shredded cheese, it’s that simple! Then dip your quesadillas into the salsa, so delicious and fresh!
Making This Salsa Ahead Of Time?
You could absolutely make this fresh sweet and spicy peach salsa ahead of time, the only thing with making fresh salsas such as these is they do contain quite a bit of acid between the fresh lime juice and the tomatoes. So I would suggest just to add the lime juice and seasonings before you are wanting to serve it to keep it nice and fresh! You can store it in an air-tight container in your fridge for up to two days.
- 2 Medium to Large Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Peaches
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/2 of a Medium to Large Yellow or Red Onion
- Small Bunch of Fresh Cilantro
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt to Taste
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Dice up the tomatoes into nice-sized chunks.
- Use a small dice on the yellow or red onion.
- Slice the jalapenos pepper length-wise and using a spoon remove all of the seeds. Slice the pepper into strips and cut it into a small dice.
- Using a paring knife carefully remove this skins from the peaches and slice the peaches in half and remove the pit, dice the peaches into a larger sized dice.
- Add all of the ingredients so far into a mixing bowl.
- Next, take your bunch of cilantro chop off the long stems and dice it nice and fine, add to your mixing bowl.
- Using a hand juicer squeeze the juice of one lime into your mixing bowl, add in a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes, and give it a good stir.
- Store your salsa in an air-tight container for up to two days in your fridge!
- Enjoy with tacos, quesadillas, or by itself with your favorite tortilla chips!