This homemade apple granola will stop you from buying store-bought granola, with a multitude of apples, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and cinnamon you will make this again and again. This recipe is very easy and takes no time at all to put together so you can enjoy it right away!
Why Make Your Own Apple Granola?
One of the reasons I choose to make my own apple granola is the fact that I can control exactly what goes into it, especially those mornings when I know I need to grab something healthier. When your shopping around at your local grocery store and looking at the multitude of breakfast items available they are all so eye-catching because let’s be honest, on a busy morning we what something fast and easy, we don’t have time to make homemade all of the time. Now, take a look at the nutritional facts on those breakfasts, I am telling you right now you will be shocked at the amount of sugar they put into prepackaged breakfast foods.
Even some of those items that are labeled as health foods still have an enormous amount of sugar in them. So I make this apple granola one of my go-to’s for busy mornings. Plus it comes together in no time, you can bulk up with almost any kind of dried fruits or nuts and extra rolled oats. It’s so easy to add this apple granola into your food prep routine.
What To Make With This Homemade Granola
Personally, this apple granola is delicious on its own as a snack while watching your favorite Netflix series, I can sit there and snack on it all day! Another great way to enjoy this granola is on top of your favorite yogurt! You could also use this granola as a cereal, now, some people may think I am crazy for this but yes, I do use this granola as a cereal with ice-cold almond milk, it is so so good. You could even throw some of this homemade granola on top of vanilla ice cream for a nice crunch, the options are endless!
How To Make Apple Granola: Step By Step
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cored and dice a Granny Smith Apple into a small dice.
- Measure out your ingredients, brown sugar, rolled oats, raisins, flour, sliced almonds, pecans, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- One of the super fun things with this recipe is you could really add any type of seeds, nuts, and dried fruits. You can truly make it your own or omit things you dislike.
- Add all of your measured ingredients into your mixing bowl and give it a good stir, once you add in the melted butter the smell alone with have you wanting to eat it right out of the bowl!
- Once you have all of your ingredients mixed together take out a large cookie sheet and put down either a silicone baking sheet or a large piece of parchment paper.
- Pour out the mixing bowl of ingredients onto the cookie sheet in an even layer. Make sure that it is in a nice even layer because you want everything to toast up evenly!
- Pop it into the oven for about 15 minutes, once the 15 minutes is up take the cookie sheet out of the oven and stir the granola so that all sides can get nice and toasted.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet and put it into an air-tight container for storage.
Storing Your Homemade Apple Granola
After your granola has completely cooled, choose a nice air-tight container to store it in, I find these to be super useful and very nice quality! This will keep the granola nice and fresh and keep in the toasted flavor as well. You could also use a ziplock bag but be sure to get as much air out as possible.
Homemade Apple Granola Takeaway
I am telling you, you will make this granola once and it will be a staple in your pantry. It is so quick and easy to put together, it is a healthier breakfast alternative, and you can control the ammount of sugar you want to add to this, making it perfect for you. It is a great snack, topping, and cereal!
Still hungry for more? Then discover our other fruit recipes to stock up your kitchen with nature’s healthy and tasty goodies!
- 1 Medium Granny Smith Apple
- 1 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- 1/3 Cup Rasins
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and core a medium-sized granny smith apple, dice it into small uniform pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl add in all of the ingredients and mix them together.
- On a lined cookie sheet either using a silicone baking mat or a large piece of parchment paper pour out the mixing bowl and smooth the granola into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take granola out of the oven and stir it around while still on the cookie sheet.
- Toss it back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Completely cool on the cookie sheet then store in an airtight container to enjoy whenever you want!
** You could add any type of nuts, seeds, or dried fruits you would like! You could also omit any of the ones I used if they are not your favorite!