I love these no-bake apple energy bites, they are so simple to make and use the simplest of healthy ingredients. Perfect for adults and kids! If you are looking for a healthy apple snack this is the recipe for you!
Apple Energy Bites
These apple energy bites are packed full of “good for you” ingredients, and well, for me, ingredients that I usually have on hand, that’s another reason to make these apple energy bites! These are the perfect apple snack when you looking for something a little sweet but not unhealthy.
Energy bites are a great filler snack during a busy day, you can take them on the go, or enjoy them on your couch. Your kids will also love these energy bites, they are way better than any store-bought snacks and a lot better for them!
Perfect Apple Snack
Sometimes when I am craving something sweet but know I do not need the extra sugar I look to energy bites! The reason they are energy bites is the fact that we are using peanut butter as a binder for the rest of our amazing ingredients and peanut butter is filled with protein to keep you going!
Easy Yummy Good For You Ingredients
I love recipes that include simple, healthy, ingredients. No fuss, nothing fancy, just plain good for you and good tasting! The only ingredietns you need to make these apple energy bites are:
- Rolled Oats – I use Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, I always have oatmeal on hand, I use it in so many ingredients that it is a staple in this house.
- Almonds – I love almonds, you can put them on or in anything and it just brings the flavor and texture up an entire level! Not to mention they are great for you!
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is one of those spices that just elevate any baked good or sweet dish, you can never go wrong with adding a dash of cinnamon.
- Peanut Butter – Now, here is the debate, I love crunchy peanut butter, so for this recipe, I used crunchy peanut butter, but you could use smooth too! You could also use all-natural peanut butter or organic, whatever kind of peanut butter is perfect for this recipe.
- Honey – When I was younger I had not one use for honey, I didn’t like it at all but now as an adult I love honey, for sweet, savory, dinners, desserts whatever I can add it in or on I try to use it!
- Apple – Well they couldn’t be apple energy bites without apples! I used a large Honeycrisp apple for this recipe. All I did is core the apple and took a grater to grate the apple, that’s it! And once you have all of these ingredients it is as simple as mixing them all together!
How To Make Apple Energy Bites – Step By Step
- Take out a large mixing bowl and a small pyrex dish, ziplock bag, or any kind of air-tight container to keep the finished energy bites in.
- Start by measuring out the rolled oats, cinnamon, and sliced almonds then add them to your large mixing bowl.
- Grate your apple into the oat and cinnamon mixture, add a dash of lemon juice to help prevent the browning of the grated apples.
- Toss in a pinch of sea salt for added flavor!
- After mixing together all of the ingredients add in your honey, and peanut butter.
- I found the best way to mix everything is by using the back of a large spoon, just keep smoothing the peanut butter around and it will all come together.
- After having your mixture fully mixed take a small spoon and scoop up some of the apple and oat mixture and using your hands roll them into “two-bite” pieces as I like to call them.
- Place them either into an air-tight container or a ziplock bag, they will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Healthy Apple Snacks
Apples are one of the easiest fruits to make into delicious snacks, I love having apples on hand to make into anything. Even if it is just slicing up an apple to have as a side with a ham and cheese sandwich, or making a homemade apple sauce to serve as a side with your pork chop dinner, apples are so versatile, easy, and healthy. Especially with the fall season coming up take a trip to your local apple orchard pick out some great apples and try out some new amazing recipes!
If you are in the Chicagoland Area you should check out this blog that lists a bunch of amazing apple picking locations!
Still hungry for more? Then discover our other fruit recipes to stock up your kitchen with nature’s healthy and tasty goodies!
- 1 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (Any Type Will Work)
- 1/4 Cup Of Honey
- Pinch Of Sea Salt
- 1 Large Honeycrisp Apple Grated
- Splash of Lemon Juice (Prevent The Apples From Browning)
- Mix together all of your "dry" ingredients so your, rolled oats, cinnamon, sliced almonds, and a pinch of salt.
- Next, grate your apple into the mixture and add a splash of lemon juice to prevent the apples from over-browning.
- Add in your honey and peanut butter, using the back of a spoon smooth the mixture around until all of your ingredients are mixed.
- Using a small spoon scoop up some of the mixture and using your hands make them into "two-bite" balls.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days!
To make these even healthier for you, use all-natural peanut butter and raw honey. Trust me they taste just as amazing!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Lauren has three main passions: her family, writing, and gardening! Lauren has spent countless hours in her garden tending to different plants, whether those be beautiful flowers, vegetables, or different perennials.
Rest assured that if it concerns plants and gardens, Lauren has got you covered. So, when needing advice or looking for the best new gardening gadget, you have come to the right place and the right author.